Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Renovate me later

Life has continued at a frantic pace since we properly arrived back in Vancouver, leaving me little tme to write about it on the internet. Woe is me. The main developments have been a brave charge into the world of home improvement. Luckily as our home is very small, this can be done rather more quickly and cheaply than in a house. It does mean that we have to live among the mess while I'm doing it though. The good news is that upstairs is now done and we have somewhere nice to sleep. Nicer than the kitchen floor anyway. The kitchen floor has taken a turn for the worse though as I just started tearing the kitchen apart. No doubt this will be an adventure of epic proportions.

Stage 1: Take rancid old carpet to the dump - on our wedding anniversary - who says romance is dead?

Stage 2: Remove everything from "the hole", ready for a bright new look.

Stage 3: Oh my eyes! The hole is now orange. Zesty.

Stage 4: Now the manly power tools come out and I start vainly trying to level the floor.

Stage 5: Floor level (err... ish) the bankruptcy-sale bamboo goes down with the help of Gary C.

Stage 6: Those last three planks seemed to take forever.

Stage 7: First night back upstairs! 


The End:  Note exciting flower-pot things under our bed legs allowing storage of boxes. Genius (but not my idea).
In less domestic news, I've been selling lots of stuff including the sadly surplus to requirements Niskiki Caribou that I never took to China. I hope it has a happy life with it's new owner. The replacement is the now functional Kermit. The build was accomplished on a budget of $0 from things I had squirreled away.  It's really quite fun to ride around town, and is slowly being perfected as I ride it more. Here's build v1: