Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back in the Van

In the early hours of Monday morning, we arrived back in Vancouver... this time to stay. Since getting back into our apartment, we've made a pretty pleasing start at re-assembling normal life (like getting the Internet connected so I can post this). We've also torn up the nasty old carpet that was in our loft and tomorrow I go and pick up our bankrupt-stuck bamboo flooring that we bought today. With the carpet torn up we decided to paint some things orange, and sort out some dubious wiring work in "the hole" where most of our stuff lives. This is a prelude to the main event of replacing our kitchen, which will no doubt be a battle of epic proportions. I feel appliance shopping looming on the horizon. 

Speaking of horizons, here are a couple of HDR pictures I took of a dry lake somewhere in Nevada. They turned out a bit strange, but I like them.