Monday, October 5, 2009

Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space.

Last night we watched Fight Club. Only only have about 4 movies on DVD... and I think this is the only one I actually bought. This might be because it contains my favourite movie ending.

But, I digress.

On Saturday Lina and I raced in the New Brighton Park cyclocross. Cyclocross is ridiculous. Riding around on a road bike, off road, not knowing how long the race is until halfway through, on a course made intentionally unrideable, in the winter, with a load of ultra-competitive road bike types. I love it. I had a great race, finding a couple of guys to have a little race of my own with (as usual). I beat the guy in black, but the guy with the orange bar tape got well away from me on the last lap. When the results come out we'll see how I did in the more traditional sense. Lina finally got to race her new CX bike and got 2nd place in her category. Not bad for a first attempt, I suppose (!) Paul was out with his camera... photos are here.

Yesterday we had too many options of things to do, but after a bit of a late night out at Dave and Geraldine's place (which was great) we opted for a hike up Colosseum and Burwell on the the North Shore with Paul and Angie. Paul wrote all about that here. My photos from Colosseum are here.

Burwell summit and some snowy Coast Mountains. Winter is coming!

That's Vancouver in the background