Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Being a pioneer is risky, but sometimes you just have to air it out.

Such is the slogan hewn from a raw chunk of hubris to describe my new spectacles. I enjoy that I managed to pick this pair out of the whole shop, unaware that this would be the lifestyle that I will be representing when I put them on to read a book, check my email, or pioneer some other risky business. I have purchased the dream.

However, I have a suspicion that somewhere in the bowels of a marketing consultancy in California, there's an intern pumping out endless slogans which then get randomly assigned to products. The name of my spectacles is "Amelia" (that's the name written on them.. not my pet-name for them). Somehow "airing it out" and "Amelia" seem like an odd match. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of Amelia airing it out as much as I enjoy that I managed to pick glasses with a girl's name out of a selection including "Tyson", "Chase", "Rhett", and "Braden".

So, what exactly is Rhett doing while Amelia is airing out some risky pioneer-business? I'll tell you. "Frankly, we don't give a damn, and neither should you. Round and retro is a prayer for squares who dare". I'll stick with Amelia.