Tuesday, February 25, 2020

The ghost of winter present

I went skiing without children, and without Lina. At first this felt odd, but I got back into the swing of things before too long. We were at the Lequereux Outpost for a week, which was awesome and the kind of place I would go back to despite being generally against going back to places. Incidentally,  was the only person flying their food into the hut in daiper boxes, which made me feel like a very special snowflake indeed.

Other people skiing looked like the pictures below. Me skiing looked like a man with a larger backpack than everyone else (evidence may emerge in due course) doing similar things. I'm not sure why that was, perhaps I didn't get the memo that small is beautiful in 2020, if not indeed always.

Skiing with just your friends and the mountains  is a lot of fun, and I hope one day to introduce Tav and Aise to such things. In the meantime Tav is getting very interested in the terrain park at Silver Star, which I can extrapolate into him doing alarming things that I can't do before very long. Perhaps I will be one of those people who live out their fantasies through their children... and perhaps I'm ok with that, so long as it was "their" idea :)


LQ Outpost 2020