Saturday, April 6, 2019

Future reminisces

I was hunting for a photograph last night, and along the way got sidetracked in the pictures I took when we were in China. For reasons I can't easily explain, this road sign is a better summary of that year than any I could have written.


But enough of that.

Spring has sprung around these parts and that means we can mourn/celebrate the passing of winter by going skiing for the last time (for a while) tomorrow, and sifting through photographs. This winter we continued to haul our trailer up to Silver Star whenever we could...

Evidence
...and Tav did his first full laps of the mountain, and ski lessons.

Tav prefers edible medals (who doesn't)

If I was confronted by an Australian dressed as a fox, I probably wouldn't look at the camera either.
Tav also seems to be pretty interested in hockey, though in fairness he's pretty interested in everything:

Kal Lake hockey




Aiste's feet didn't grow fast enough to get on real skis this season, but if her enthusiasm for everything else that Tav does continues, I think we'll all be skiing together next winter.



"Snack" is (I think) Aiste's third word - after "toes" and "no". A concise, but surprisingly effective vocabulary.