Monday, September 8, 2008

Summer's last gasp and my new gaff

After a truly moist return to Vancouver, the sun got his hat back out of storage and we've had some summer again. We've also had some snow... but it's Canada after all.

A week ago a whole lot of us went up to the Chilcotins and had a royally good (if rather cold and muddy) time. This trip has to be the best recorded outing ever. There are photos from me, Jacek, Suzanne, and Tom. Plus... blog entries from Paul and Lina. 'Nuff said.

This weekend I ended up staying up in Squamish for a few nights and meeting up with Marc, Nikki, Paul, Angie, Jacek, Jen (a biking friend of Suzanne's), and Matt and Emma. Matt is a bloke we went to Africa years ago, so meeting him at the top of a climb in Squamish was a bit of a surprise. Amongst all this socializing I got my first experience of multi-pitch clibing on "Calculus Crack" with Marc and Nikki, which was really quite special. Then the was biking, more climbing, and ice cream until Sunday night. Not bad considering I only went up for dinner. I took some really nasty photos with my phone:


Marc, near the beginning somewhere.

Nikki, climbing towards my feet.


I think this was Marc on the last pitch...

Last of all, I have entered the grown up world of home-ownership. It's all a bit of a shock, but the idea of not moving house for a while is good. I also get to sleep really near my bikes, which I'm happy about. Photos of my concrete cubicle are here.